The Napier's

We are quickly learning how hectic life can get with a baby, and as much as we would love to update everyone with each detail and every adventure to conquer there are just so many. We are hoping that we can keep all of our family and friends informed as we reach each milestone along the way.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The beginning of forever..



We wanted to start a blog to help those family members who were not here to share in our journey and joys! 
For those that didn't know kit and I met in a hay field 7 or 8 years ago and I hated him for most of the years to follow. Until one day I realized that he didn't mean to be as rude and obnoxious as he was, and he was quite funny! We began as friends until one day a friendly get together turned into more. Little did either of us know that it was going to turn into something so special. We began dating in April of 2008 and we got engaged in July and married in October!
We got married at the Williams Farm in Rock Spring on October 4th, 2008 at 6pm. It was an outdoor wedding on the dock of the Williams pond. I could not have asked for anything else it was exactly the ceremony I wanted. 
We bought our first home in May of 2009 in Lafayette Ga. I loved the house from the beginning however it took Kit some time to decide on this house.. He knew the projects that were in his future and I just thought it was a cute old farm house. After several projects (and several more to go) we have finally gotten settled in our 98yr old home. 
On Thanksgiving Day of 2009 we got the best news we could have ever gotten. We found out that we were expecting our first child. It was a perfect time to find out, my grandparents were in town from Florida and most of my family were here for us to announce at dinner however the announcement did not quite make it to dinner. Kit was so excited he posted, texted and shouted to the world!  I couldn't believe it at first this was something we both wanted so badly that I was scared to get my hopes up and took 4 more tests just to be sure. We were very thankful for all the blessings we had that day! 

 Pregnancy had it's up and downs. It wasn't quite what I expected it to be. I enjoyed feeling my little man moving around in there however I was just ready for him to join us. I soon got my wish... 
On July 11th at 2am I had been up all night with a strange feeling. I called my OB and woke up Kit on multiple occasions that morning until we finally decided to go in to Womens East on Gunbarrel Rd. Soon after arriving we were told that I had preeclampsia, which in my case meant high blood pressure. After 24 hours and an ambulance ride downtown, I still hadn't progressed enough on my own and was given the option for a c-section or keep trying. I opted for a c-section and our bundle of joy was FINALLY here at 6:37am. 

Andrew Chapman Napier
6lbs 5oz
20.25 inches
Now we officially feel like our life as a family has begun! 

Here are some of the our first pictures from the hospital... even some of daddy changing diapers.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment